“A mother does not become pregnant in order to provide employment to medical people. Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males. It is a woman’s crowning creative experience of a lifetime.”
― John Stevenson
- The “Do-Nothing Approach to Illness” – I’m not sure if I could take it to these extremes because I definitely believe in the power of medicine, but I am all about not over-medicating. I rarely ever take medicine – I usually just do lots of tea, water and rest when I feel something coming on, but will go to the doctor or take something if the situation is severe. The other day I was noticing how many co-workers have been calling out sick, and although my immunity is compromised and I sometimes feel like I am fighting something, I haven’t gotten sick at all yet this season (knock on wood!)
- Tips for pumping breast milk at work
- This post makes me feel hopeful about my own future as a mother… Why you’re never failing as a mother
- This is what I am hoping for in our first month with the baby!
- Interesting study: The effect of late pregnancy consumption of date fruit on labour and delivery – I think I may start eating lots of dates! 🙂